Monday 22 October 2012

The Skull Collection


I like skulls. But in general, I do not put on more than one skull at a time – don’t want to look like a teenage rocker or punk. So, even though I like skulls, it’s always difficult not to become over excited when seeing skull stuff - especially accessories - I try not to buy too much skull stuff and go skull-mad. I found myself actually doing quite well!
我很喜歡骷髏頭。但通常我不會同時穿戴兩樣以上的骷髏頭衣服或配飾 我不想看起來像十幾歲出頭的搖滾龐克族!所以雖然我喜歡骷髏頭,尤其非常難克制對骷髏飾品的購買衝動,我提醒自己不要買太多骷髏頭的東西以免走火入魔。意外的,我頗成功地克制了我自己。

My oldest item in my skull collection is a beach dress. Most of the beach clothes for girls are quite girly, which I am not. Therefore I like that the black and skull patterns make the dress not that cute. But the low cut can still let me be a bit sexy ;) The fabric is waterproof so super convenient for beach activity as well. The only downside is the black always make me feel like I am burning under the sun!
在現有的骷髏服飾裡,這件海灘洋裝算是歷史最悠久的。大部分女生的海灘服飾都偏可愛,完全不是我的型。黑底加骷髏讓這件海灘洋裝不似一般女生海灘服飾那麼可愛,而低胸的剪裁還可以小露性感,因此我到現在還保留著它。它是防水的,所以穿著它從事各種海邊活動都不成問題。唯一的缺點是黑色吸熱,我每次在太陽下都覺得我快著火了!


From/哪裡買: Insight


This t-shirt is my ready-to-go-in-one-minute outfit. In summer, I wear it with denim shorts and sandals; in winter, I wear it with skinny jeans, leather jacket and boots –no brainer outfit, simple and quick but chic! 
這件t-shirt讓我可以隨時一分鐘內出門。夏天配牛仔短褲加涼鞋,冬天配窄板牛仔褲,皮衣加靴子 完全不用腦的穿搭,簡單快速卻還是可以很有個性!


From/哪裡買: All Saints 


The skeleton tank vest (skull-ish) plays the same role as the previous t-shirt in my wardrobe. Leggings work well with it too.
 這件背心就像上一件t-shirt一樣好搭。穿leggings也行。

Front
Back

From/哪裡買: Urban Outfitters


McQueen’s scarves have been on the top of loads of girl’s wish lists for years, including mine. However, I found it difficult to justify spending that amount of money on a piece of silk with skull patterns (yes, it’s basically just that with the McQueen logo). I bought it in the end because of Dr. T’s encouragement. As the fabric is a soft thin silk, I chose a summer colour. It works very well with a white t-shirt.  
McQueen的圍巾一向是眾人慾望清單裡的一樣,我也不例外。但它的價位實在讓我遲遲下不了手,說穿了它也不過是塊絲印上幾顆骷髏頭而已阿!最後是在Dr. T的慫恿下買的。因為它的材質是很薄的絲,所以我選了夏天的顏色來搭白t-shirt


From/哪裡買: Alexander McQueen


This is the winter skull scarf. It is actually Dr. T’s scarf but I pinch it all the time :P I like the skull being subtle and the mixture of dark colours. When I want to add something to my all-black outfit, the scarf is always my first choice.
這是我的冬天骷髏圍巾。但其實它是Dr. T的,只是我常常偷拿來用。我喜歡它不明顯的骷髏圖案和深色調。我冬天時常穿全黑,當我想加點色彩時,這條圍巾向來是我的第一選擇。


From/哪裡買: The Kooples 


Doing this post made me realise that lots of my skull earrings have vanished! :-(
在寫這篇文章的同時,我才發現我好多骷髏耳環都不見了!
(Left/) From/哪裡買: Dogeared 
(Right/) From/哪裡買: Topman 


I like the gold with ivory white & tiny pink face of the key ring.
我喜歡這個骷髏鑰匙圈的配色,金邊加上象牙白卻帶非常淡的粉紅色。


From/哪裡買Alexander McQueen


The bracelet is a gift from Dr. T. It will be even cooler when it is less shinny.
這個手環是Dr. T送的。戴久了不那麼閃亮時會更好看。




Another gift from Dr. T, a skull hairband. This is my favourite among my skull collection so far. I like it looks like being used for a long time and looks rusty.
這個髮帶也是Dr. T送的。是我目前最喜歡的骷髏收藏。我喜歡它的銀鏽,看起來很像很舊用了很久。




Dr. T said the hairband should be my last skull – he fears I’m becoming a skull girl … but I am thinking getting something like this :p
Dr. T 說我不能再買任何骷髏頭的東西了,他怕我每天都穿戴骷髏的東西可是我想要買像這樣的戒指 :P


No comments:

Post a Comment